Back to the US

June 13th, 2012 ksgall13

I’m currently seated in a small café next to a plaza full of olive trees watching some businesses close up for their mid-afternoon siesta in Palma de Mallorca, Spain, which is the city I’ve luckily been able to call home for the past year. Less than a week from now I’ll be on the other side of the Atlantic in New York City where I’ve thankfully been given the opportunity to work for Part of the Solution as a legal intern for the summer.

For some background information, I grew up in South Jersey right next to Atlantic City, where there was never a dull moment. This summer I’ll be living in Manhattan and commuting to Part of the Solution, which is located in the Bronx. I’m very excited to start working and contributing to the organization and even more excited to spend the summer in Manhattan. A pretty good amount of friends from Holy Cross will be in Manhattan working this summer as well as a very good friend from high school, which will definitely make this summer an interesting one.

The transition from the Mediterranean lifestyle, where everything will get taken care of “mañana” (if you’re lucky), to the New York lifestyle, where things are expected to be taken care of before you even know about them will be a big adjustment. I’m more than ready to see what New York has in store for a freshly turned 21 year old.