Unpacking to Pack

June 17th, 2012 ksgall13

We made it home from Spain relatively smoothly on Thursday afternoon and aside from running through the airport in Madrid to catch our flight, there were no problems. When I got home on Thursday I started to unpack my luggage and went right to doing errands. It was a pretty big adjustment from going from vacationing to running around all day long, but everything worked out well even though I responded to a worker in a store in Spanish one day! I’ve found the transition from Spain to the US to be a little bit difficult in terms of the language change, as I’ve grown accustomed to dealing with daily activities in Spanish. Luckily I live five minutes from the beach and was able to surf for a little while on Friday while there were waves.

This weekend went by way too fast, but it was a very good one despite waking up every morning at seven due to the jet lag. I managed to see the majority of my good friends over the past few days and we had a great time out in Atlantic City like always. I’m on my way up to NYC as I write and am starting to become beyond excited. My birthday happens to be tomorrow which is absolutely perfect timing. Being 21 will really allow me to take advantage of the city that never sleeps. After being contacted by my employer over the weekend, I will be starting work tomorrow and really can’t wait to start!