Happy Birthday to Me

June 19th, 2012 ksgall13

Yesterday might have been one of the most exhausting days of my life, but it was very much worth it. After getting moved in and figuring things out, I now feel very comfortable living in the city so far. Last night I was able to see some familiar faces, which was a really nice thing to have in such a big city and definitely got rid of some of the nervous thoughts I had about not knowing many people here. Navigating the subway system has been a fairly easy task as compared to doing it in Spanish, French, or even Italian during this past year abroad in certain cities in Europe.

Today was my first day at work and it went extremely well! Part of the Solution started out as a small soup kitchen and has grown into an amazing organization while helping the Bronx community. I will be working with some great people this summer in the legal clinic. Tomorrow I’ll be heading to Brooklyn with some of the attorneys from Part of the Solution and am really excited to see that part of the city.

Now its time to celebrate my 21st birthday, I hope Manhattan is ready for this summer.