Still Alive after 1 Week

June 23rd, 2012 ksgall13
After surviving what I could call the most hectic and busy week of my life, I can safely say that I really like New York City. I’m starting to get used to pace of life, which is the polar opposite of that of the Spaniards, and am beginning to get a good feel of the different places all around the city. I’ve been able to make it to a few happy hours with some friends from Holy Cross and last night I went to the Meatpacking District with my good high school friend and got a great dinner. I think that area has been my favorite part of the city so far. Not everything has been completely bright and glittery though. There have been some ups and downs in this very short period of time that have caught me off guard, but for the most part I’ve been able to forget about the downs and look forward to bigger and better things.

One of the best parts about this week has been my role at Part of the Solution. The workers at the organization have made me feel right at home and have made the time very enjoyable. One detail that I noticed about half way through the week was that they have been giving me legitimate tasks to do, not just busy work in the office. Whether they have me running through Manhattan or Brooklyn by myself or talking directly with different clients in the Bronx, there has been something interesting to do. It has given me an increasing amount of confidence in myself knowing that I can take care of these responsibilities without any problems.

Tonight I made it to the Fool’s Gold Records Artist Series at their shop in Brooklyn and it was good to see something a little bit different. Right now I’m in the bus to Atlantic City ready to celebrate my birthday tomorrow night with all of my friends from home. Now I can really blow off some steam.