Home Again

June 25th, 2012 ksgall13

Its pretty interesting what a little bit of true free time can do for you when you take full advantage of it. I made it back home on Friday on the latest bus from NYC and and went right to sleep for the first time in a few weeks. This weekend home was a lot different than last weekend before coming up to to New York, but I mean that in a good way. I turned 21 last Monday and had no time constraints or important things that needed to be done, so I knew it was going to be a great time. We went to the beach all day long on Saturday and it turned out to be exactly what I needed. The waves were tiny, but technically rideable if you really wanted to go out. I grabbed my board and got a few waves, but there was something different about it. I felt like I was the only person left in the world that day with no need to rush or feel hurried, and each baby knee high wave washed away all of the stress built up from the prior week.

My roommate from Holy Cross came down for the night because he ended up being pretty close by and we went out for a good night in Atlantic City with all of my good friends from back home. All I need to say is that I think Atlantic City won that round, but the next time I’m home I’ll get a win for myself. We went to the beach again on Sunday and then I caught the 7 PM bus back to NYC. When I got back to New York I felt as if my batteries had been completely recharged for the first time in a while. This entire week I’ve been running around with my head down like the rest of the robot like commuters, but last night I got to take it all in while walking around some of the city streets back to my apartment. If you’re ever in NYC, do yourself a favor and look up from time to time.