Week 2

June 29th, 2012 ksgall13

Working at Part of the Solution has been going very well these past two weeks and I’m starting to feel more and more comfortable doing the tasks that I’m being assigned. A big part of this happens to be the people that I’m surrounded by while working. We have a great team of attorneys who I get along with very well and the workers and volunteers here are all genuinely nice people. As cliché as it sounds, it feels great to help others. Almost every time I finish helping a client, I see a remarkable amount of relief in their faces or voices as well as a feeling of pure gratitude. To me, this brings about a huge amount of satisfaction and allowed me to really understand why many of the volunteers at POTS come back time and time again.

Busy day at housing court

This week some friends from home (who I hadn’t seen in an unbearable day and a half) and I made it out to dinner at a place called Salsa y Salsa. Before that, I had some free time after getting back from work and decided to check out a photo gallery up by 23rd Street. The exhibition presented the progressiveness of the evolution of surfing and its unique culture since its beginning from the perspective of the extremely talented photographer Art Brewer. Going to the gallery gave me a pretty big itch to get back in the water since I haven’t surfed halfway decent waves since New Year’s Eve. This coming weekend will be my first full weekend in NYC and I hope to finally take advantage of the free time that we’ll have!