Surprises

July 23rd, 2012 ksgall13

Last week we were walking down the street looking for a spot to hang out at. It was pretty late for a weeknight and the streets were a little bit quiet. I saw a man casually standing next to a building along with a few others that were casually dressed yet had a trendy twist. Aside from some mysterious background music, there weren’t any signs or windows that gave any kind of indication that there was anything going on where they were standing. The guy looked at us and said, “You want to check it out?” Being the curious type, I shrugged my shoulders and figured why not. We opened the door and were immediately met by a set of stairs. Not knowing to expect, I assumed the venue would be on par with a dark, slimy cave and didn’t have high hopes. What we walked into threw my previous thoughts into the garbage and replaced them with a surreal sensation that left me wondering if I was in the United States or was sent directly to Paris for the night. The only way to describe it would be a modern speakeasy with an 80’s disco vibe. It was a nice change to see a place like that, and it ended up being very enjoyable. It always seems that the best things in life come unexpectedly.