Back and Forth and Back

June 21st, 2012 ksgall13

These past few days have been ridiculously busy. This transition from the vacation lifestyle of Mallorca to this Manhattan lifestyle has been a pretty tiring one, but all totally worth the learning experience so far. The area where I’m living (right off of Canal Street in Chinatown) has tons of things to do and a pretty good scene when it comes to nightlife. It works out that a fabulous spot happens to be about a 5-second walk from my apartment (not sure if this is a great thing or terrible thing just yet).

This week has been great in terms of getting to know the different parts of the city. Yesterday, I went to some public benefits hearings in Brooklyn with an attorney from POTS and afterwards had a nice, big omelet in a local diner with him, while soaking up my new surroundings. After that I ran over to Manhattan and took care of some other matters for the organization, saw about a thousand Justin Bieber fans screaming for him, and then finally made it back to the Bronx to finish up the day. Looking back, it was pretty cool to be able to see three boroughs in one day! I think that my body is finally starting to adjust to the time change after a week of hardly any sleep.

Kevin Gallagher '13

• Studies: Economics major with a concentration in Latin American and Latino Studies
  • Hometown: Northfield, N.J.
  •  
  • Read more about Kevin »