Home Again

June 25th, 2012 ksgall13

It’s pretty interesting what a little bit of true free time can do for you when you need it. This weekend in Atlantic City was a lot different than the previous weekend home. We went to the beach all day long on Saturday and it turned out to be exactly what I needed. The waves were tiny, but technically rideable if you really wanted to go out. I grabbed my board and got a few waves, but there was something different about it. I felt like I was the only person left in the world that day with no need to rush or feel hurried, and each baby, knee-high wave washed away all of the stress built up from the prior week.

My roommate from Holy Cross came down for the night because he ended up being pretty close by in Long Beach Island, and we went out for an amazing night in Atlantic City with all of my good friends from back home. All I need to say is that the house won that round. We went to the beach again on Sunday and then I caught the 7 PM bus back to NYC. When I got back to New York I felt as if my batteries had been completely recharged for the first time in a while. This entire week I’ve been running around like a robot, but last night I got to take it all in while walking around some of the city streets back to my apartment. If you’re ever in the city, do yourself a favor and make sure to look up from time to time.

Kevin Gallagher '13

• Studies: Economics major with a concentration in Latin American and Latino Studies
  • Hometown: Northfield, N.J.
  •  
  • Read more about Kevin »