The Weekend

July 2nd, 2012 ksgall13

This weekend here in New York has been exactly what I’ve needed. That is, a day and night (or three) without needing to be anywhere or have anything to check off my to-do list. Friday night we were able to meet up with a ton of people from Holy Cross (including my roommate and his brother) while bar hopping and even had a few unexpected familiar faces. The night turned out to be a pretty good one, but the next day ended up being even better. I walked around the city in a much more relaxed state without having to worry about getting lost or buy any necessities. I happened to stumble across the Brooklyn Bridge for the first time ever (5 minute walk from my place) and made the trek halfway across. I recommend it to anyone, just watch out for the bikers and tourists.

One of my best friends from back home made it up for Saturday night, which we spent out until sunrise in a fun club on the west side.

After eating breakfast around 3 p.m. the next day we made it to Central Park for the first time of the summer, and my life (I kid you not). I found it amazing that despite being surrounded by all of the concrete of the city, a person really can lose themselves inside the park and even pretend they’re in a different place. At least that’s what I did.

Kevin Gallagher '13

• Studies: Economics major with a concentration in Latin American and Latino Studies
  • Hometown: Northfield, N.J.
  •  
  • Read more about Kevin »