Over Halfway Finished

July 20th, 2012 ksgall13

New York really has everything to offer, and then some. When it comes to food, music and art events, people, unique shops, fashion, nightlife, and then everything in between, there will always be something waiting if you are willing to venture out and find it. I feel that the most important (and most exciting) part about New York is the exploring you need to do to discover your true preferences. Sure, it’s easy to tag along and do the same things as the masses, but the essence of New York (to me, at least) screams individuality. The wildly creative characters that energize this city paved their own path here. With the huge amount of easily accessible activities, venues, and events, there couldn’t be a better place to help you find out who you really are.

My time at Part of the Solution has been absolutely flying by. My supervisors keep me busy, but at the same time keep things exciting throughout the day and prevent any amount of work from becoming monotonous or dull. As time has progressed, (along with my supervisors’ confidence in me) they’ve allowed me to dive into more challenging tasks, which have involved less actual supervision and a more hands-on experiences. The way I’ve always looked at life is: the bigger the challenge, the bigger the reward. One of the best feelings I’ve gotten came from speaking face-to-face the clients for whom I had written documents prevented them from being evicted from their apartments. It’s nice to know that the work that we do in the office helps our clients sleep better at night.

Kevin Gallagher '13

• Studies: Economics major with a concentration in Latin American and Latino Studies
  • Hometown: Northfield, N.J.
  •  
  • Read more about Kevin »